Table of contents
- What is an online employee training platform?
- Why do I need one?
- What should I look for in an LMS?
- Should I give Easy LMS a try?
What is an online employee training platform?
An employee training platform is a type of software that allows you to create and share online training programs with your audience. This type of software is often called a Learning Management System (LMS).
Why do I need one?
Most people would agree that online training has become increasingly important, especially after COVID-19 restrictions. However, most organizations that offer online training still rely on PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and other files to set up their online training strategy.
An employee training software makes it possible to put all your information in one place
The problem is that these programs don’t offer tracking and reporting options. On a larger scale, it’s not possible to track whether your employees are learning or not. Also, the information is often scattered around and not organized in one place.
An employee training platform makes it possible to put all your information in one place. It also presents training materials in a logical order for the employee or client. It’s possible to create learning paths and keep track of completion and pass rates.
What should I look for in an LMS?
How to choose an LMS vendor
Ok, so we have already established that you should use an employee training platform to organize and keep track of your training content. But how can you choose the best LMS for your organization 🧐 ?
E-learning expert Chuck Severance  once said that there are so many similar LMSs out there that “you can almost throw a dart at a dartboard and pick an LMS, and it won’t be that bad.”
Picking any system can lead to dissatisfaction in the future
However, picking any system just because it “won’t be that bad” is not a very good idea because it can lead to dissatisfaction in the future. Here are some things to consider when picking an employee training platform.
Top 5 things to consider
- Features. Which features do you need, and don’t you need? You don’t want to pay for something you don’t use, so check the different subscription types and their features. It will enable you to find which vendor offers the features you need for a reasonable price.
- Look and feel. Nobody wants to spend hours working in overly complicated software. Also, some tools are more pleasing to the eye than others. They offer different ways of presenting the learning content for both the admin and the learners. Most tools provide a free trial, so take your chances and test them out!
- Client reviews. Pick an LMS with good reviews. When reading client reviews, you can look for a common thread between them. See what the clients like and dislike about the tool. You will have a better idea of what to expect when you start using this system.
- Support. Remember to check if help is available, and if so, when and how. If possible, sign up for a demo to get your questions answered. Try to reach out to support to see how they treat their clients. Problems happen, so it’s essential to consider how each vendor deals with them.
- Pricing. Different LMSs have different pricing models. To avoid surprises when you get the bill, analyze their pricing model, and see if it fits your needs. Some employee training platforms charge per user, and others don’t. Also, pay attention to the features that come with each plan and if you need them all.
Should I give Easy LMS a try?
Choosing the right employee training platform for your company can have long-lasting effects on your team
Choosing the right employee training platform for your company can have long-lasting effects on your team. It can incentivize your employees’ learning and development and help them achieve their goals and reach top performance.
Easy LMS is an employee training platform. We are pretty biased and think you should give us a try. Why? Easy LMS has won many awards and acknowledgments 🏆. We have a unique pricing model that sets us apart from the competition🙃.
Most LMSs only include video or text options for courses. Our Course builder allows you to combine text, video, images, audio, documents, and webpages, all in one place. Create a training Academy and publish all your courses there. Easy!
Last but not least, our robust reporting features allow you to have an overview of your employees’ activities and results. See when your users started and ended their training and how long it took them.
Want to see it for yourself? Sign up for a free trial and request a demo.
- Inside Higher Ed
Frequently Asked Questions